Togmor combine originality and energy in a fast moving electric set that has a wide appeal to both fans of Celtic roots music and fans of contemporary folk rock. Their music is carefully crafted to combine a vibrant mix of powerful modern rhythms with a traditional Celtic feel. Togmor interplay blazing bursts of jigs and reels with evocative acoustic songs to create a dynamic web of sounds.
With over 27 years and several CD's behind them, Togmor have been playing their own energetic brand of Celtic rock/folk music at music venues, arts centres and festivals around the UK and Europe including their own hosted Togfest festival in Milton Keynes. They have shared the stage with a wide range of musicians including Lindisfarne, Rock, Salt & Nails, Shoogleniffty, The Oyster Band, Fairport Convention, Ron Kavanagh, Whippersnapper, Kate Rusby and Labbi Siffri to name but a few.
The distinctive sound of Togmor brings together a huge range of talent...
- Founder member Ian Rowe with main vocals and acoustic guitars
- The dynamic fiddle sound of Julian Pentz on five string electric violin
- The haunting soundsof the uilleann pipes and flute played by Sarah Malleson
- Pete Jelfs with his rock steady bass lines.
- Pete Lockwood, Drums and percussion master
- Gareth Cirkit on guitars and mandolin
****The name Togmor comes from the Gaelic meaning ‘the big lift’. It is the name of the crane that pulled The Mary Rose to the surface of the sea...